Dwight’s Moving Co., takes the mandatory liability required by TxDOMV, which is 60 cents on the pound per article which is standard in the industry. This protection plan is provided to you at no additional cost; however, it only provides minimal protection.
Upgrade to $1.10 per pound per article for a one time $55 charge.
If you wish to obtain further protection we can offer the following additional cargo protection (items covered during transport).
|If the value you place on your shipment is:||$150 Deductible||$250 Deductible||$500 Deductible|
|$0 to $5,000||$95||$64||$43|
|$5,001 to $10,000||$147||$95||$69|
|$10,001 to $15,000||$158||$115||$90|
|$15,001 to $20,000||$209||$141||$111|
TIP: If you are a homeowner please check with your homeowner’s insurance company as they may also cover the cost of your relocation.
What is NOT covered under EITHER Coverage Plan:
- Jewelry – It would be best to pack and move jewelry yourself.
- Documents/important papers – (marriage licenses, birth certificates, passports etc.)
- Stamp or coin collections – also best to move yourself.
- Large mirrors or pictures not properly packed in a box or crated.
- Inner workings of electronics, appliances, etc., unless there is clear evidence of mishandling of the item. If the item was handled properly and something does not work after the move, we will not be held responsible.
- Sentimental items – value cannot be placed on something of sentiment.
- Contents of boxes not packed and unpacked by us unless there is clear evidence of damage to the exterior of the box. (In other words, if the box is dented, crushed, or ripped.) We must pack, transport and unpack a box, all the same day, before we will be held responsible for its contents.
- Software data – The loss of data is not covered.
- Sets of furniture or appliances. If there is a matching set and one piece is damaged, we will be liable to replace or repair (up to your coverage selection) the one piece and it does not have to match the other.
- Photographs or Portraits – These will only be covered for the cost of the film and processing.
- Dangerous goods or liquids such as cleaning supplies, aerosols, propane, etc. If you pack a dangerous good and it leaks from the box onto one of your items, the mover will not be held responsible in any way.
- Drawers, cabinets, etc. – if not emptied prior to move.
- Glass, granite or marble tops if not properly boxed or crated.
- Animal mounts if not properly boxed or crated.
- Goods when the customer, family or friends assist in the loading or unloading of the truck. At no time is anyone allowed on our trucks due to vehicle insurance regulations.
- We are not responsible for items loaded or unloaded from rental trucks or storage facilities.
- Any piece of furniture made of particle board or like material.
We do not inventory items unless requested by the customer PRIOR to the move.
We will disconnect and reconnect any appliances at the customers request to the best of our ability but cannot be held responsible for any damage that might occur.
It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect all items upon delivery and note any damages on the front of the Bill of Laden.