Moving Tips and Guidelines
- Being ready for the move is the most important thing- it will save you money. Have all boxes sealed and labeled. We cannot stack opened boxes safely inside the truck.
- All small items (example: shoes, small appliances, lamps, books, etc.) should be put into boxes.
- Empty refrigerator, freezer, and pantry items before the movers arrive.
- Take items out of the attic and have ready to move. We are not responsible for any damage in attic.
- For even more savings bring any boxes or small items that you can manage from upstairs to downstairs.
- Have all appliances that are being moved unplugged, hoses drained and cords taped to appliances.
- Take all beds apart and mirrors detached from the dressers. The more prepared you are, the less time it takes us to move you and the more money you save!
We are happy to give you full service. We can pack your entire household. Here are Dwight’s, we will take apart beds, detach mirrors from dressers and disassemble any furniture. We will place your furniture wherever you would like.
Tips for Moving Into Storage:
- While placing items in storage, you will need blankets to protect your furniture.
- Use sturdy boxes that are sealed because, most likely, they will need to be stacked on top of each other.
Tips for Loading a Rental Truck:
- When loading a rental truck, please remember to rent an adequate number of moving blankets so your items are fully protected.
- Have tape available, as some blankets may need to be taped on to prevent them from slipping off furniture during transport.
Keep Us Informed
Please let your movers know in advance of any special situations you may have. For example: Upholstered furniture that you would like to have shrink-wrapped.
Important! Please give us an accurate description of the work that needs to be completed so we can schedule the correct amount of time and crew needed to get your move done efficiently. This will help you get the most for your money!
Dwight’s Moving Co., Inc. is always available to speak to you on the phone. Just give us a call at 713-941-1887.